Garry is an experienced and engaging public speaker having spoken at national and international events.
Keynote topics include:
Performing under pressure
An ability to perform under pressure is a critical skill across multiple disciplines.
This presentation provides an analysis of the key factors that enable world class opera singers to manage stage-fright and anxiety in order to sustain high performance.
Recommendations are then made on how these factors may be applicable to executives and executive coaches in the business world.
- The importance of high performance and high wellbeing in sustaining careers
- Acknowledging and addressing the isolation and loneliness of many executive roles
- Helping executives to take action to regain a sense of control and agency
- Identifying effective routines and rituals that enhance performance
- Building self-reliance, rather than dependency
- Informed by an article by Loehrand and Schwartz, how do we manage our energy, rather than our time?
- Compare the practices and rituals used by elite athletes to balance work/life
- It is the balance of periods of stress and periods of recovery that allow peak performance
- Explore Self-Regulation and understanding our triggers
- Introduce Lencioni’s 5 levels of Trust, Conflict, Commitment, Accountability, Results
- Maister Trust Equation
- Creating new team routines and rituals
- The 3 Psychological Needs of Motivation – Competence, Autonomy and Relatedness, Deci and Ryan
- Positive Psychology Principles – The importance of gratitude and appreciation
- Use of Empathy and Sharing to encourage honesty and openness
- Responding to and supporting employees in moments of high emotion
- The Venting Model
- Indicators when employees need greater levels of support
- Exploring the G.R.O.W model
- Quality Questioning and Listening Skills
- The Zone of Proximal Development – how we learn
- Planning, structuring and requesting feedback
- Understanding the strengths you enjoy using
- Job crafting – creating the job you want from the job you have
- Planning and structuring your approach to creating meaningful networks
- Being memorable
- Being disciplined in self-care – sleep, diet, exercise, socialising
- The power of reflection time
- Maintaining and developing hobbies and interests
- Finding pockets of joy – creating moments to remember in the every day