Cultural Advisory Services
Garry has significant global experience, having lived and worked in Japan, Europe, the United Kingdom and Australia. He has had great success helping executives work across cultures in complex matrix organisational structures.
- Turning around the Japanese business from 5 to 20% growth over 3 years
- Playing an instrumental role in employee engagement scores improving by 50%
Garry specialises in working with leaders and teams across cultures to maximise both people and business outcomes.
Garry works with individuals and teams on being more effective in cross-cultural business situations.
Some examples of the content of these sessions are:
Japanese Cultural Awareness and Business Etiquette workshops
Exploring key Japanese cultural concepts:
- importance of hierarchy, rules and structure
- importance of the collective/group rather than the individual
- exploring key differences between Japanese and Western business culture
- decision making practices and the importance of consensus
Australian Cultural Awareness and Business Etiquette workshops
Understanding important elements of Australian culture and how they influence the corporate environment:
- common approaches to hierarchy, rules and structure
- importance of autonomy and the voice of the individual
- importance of debate and discussion and feeling involved
- decision making practices and the importance of taking action